Kawardha is a peaceful and attractive place located on the southern bank of river Sakari located 116kms northwest of Raipur. The main attraction of the city is the magnificent palace. It was build during Maharaja Dharamraj singh’s reign, between 1936 and 1939. Kawardha has historically been an important center of the Kabirpandhi Movement. Kabirpanths are the followers of saint Kabir, the revolutionary social reformer and Poet- saint of the 16th century.